Total Pageviews

Tuesday 18 February 2014

Anya's Animal Themed Birthday Party - The Decor

I chose this theme partially because there were some drawings from Anya's first birthday which fitted the theme. My sister-in-law is quite an artist. She, along with my niece, had made these lovely animal sketches which came in handy.
Snails on a trail



Merry mushrooms


Friendly frog
Buzzing bees

Their labor of love shines through.Though I like all drawings, my favorites are frogs and mushrooms. They are so bright and cheerful, my spirits soar every time I look at them.

A friend of mine was kind enough to lend a set of animals from her daughter's birthday party. She is another excellent artist. Ain't I lucky to have such family and friends!Check out these brilliant animals:



She used colored sheets for making these animals. There was no painting involved though there was a lot of cutting and pasting. She used a double sided tape to stick spots, stripes, ears and eyes. How lovely the animals look!

I made an arch with all these animals and put the birthday banner in middle. I wanted fresh palm leaves in my decor to give a jungle look. Luckily, I found freshly cut palm leaves with the gardener and got them home. The good thing about palm is that it doesn't wilt fast. So I prepared the arch of palm leaves a day in advance. They held well with simple cello tape.

Animals gathered at Anya's den to celebrate

What was my contribution to the wall? I made the banner and enjoyed doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment