Total Pageviews

Friday 28 March 2014

March, evenetful March

As March marches towards its conclusion, I have to admit, it has been a happy-happy month!
In the first week of March, we heard the unexpected news. Anya got admission into NPS-K.

Now all parents who have gone through finding the right school for their kids, would know the importance of getting admission into a school of their choice. If you are in Bangalore, getting into NPS is considered a big deal. There are parents who want nothing but NPS for their kids and try several tactics to get into one. Then there are others who don't bother about NPS as it is said to be highly academically oriented. We had taken the middle path. We just filled the admission form but took no pains to find out how we could get her admitted or try visiting the authorities. There are discussion boards dedicated to decrypting selection criteria of NPS. Nobody knows their criteria for sure but there are many guesses. I had heard that professionally qualified but SAHM is a positive. A financially well paying job for Dad also works in one's favour.

I can't comment on the selection criteria but here is what we are:
1. Me and my husband are both MBAs.
2. We are a single income family. My husband works in IT for an MNC.
3. I used to work earlier, but gave up my job after Anya.
4. We live 11 kms away from the school
5. Anya will be 3.9 years old when she joins LKG in June.
6. She went to a Montessori in neighbourhood and has finished her Mont 1- just today!

When I got the news, I just couldn't believe it! I was so happy. In fact, it felt like a huge achievement- as huge as when Dinesh got into IIM-A.

The weekend after this news, Anya performed in her first ever annual function. Now that deserves another blog post altogether. 

No comments:

Post a Comment